After reading about the beautiful roads on this motorcycle blog, I’ve decided that I’am going on a vacation to Florida in January with my family, so I decided it’s time to shape up a bit, especially because I’m looking forward to lounging on the beach in a piece of designer swimwear. Since I can’t afford a gym membership (and even if I had one, I doubt I would go very often), I’ve been trying some at-home exercises. I’ve also been going for runs a couple of times a week. It’s getting cold, but I’m inspired by other runners on the street who jog through thick and thin, rain and sleet! My goal is to lose around ten pounds by mid-January, which is going to be a challenge with Christmas coming up. Here’s my plan:
- Run three times a week for 45 minutes.
- Do some muscle toning exercises with 5 to 8 pound weights (calf raises, shoulder presses, bicep curls, etc.)
- Do ab work (various sit-ups in reps of 20, ab “bridge” exercises as seen in yoga).
- Stretch while watching TV.
- Avoid refined carbs and sugars as much as possible and load up on lean proteins, whole grains and greens.
- Eat 5-6 small meals a day instead of 3 large meals and eat more protein and healthy fat in the morning/early afternoon.
- Drinks lots of water and herbal teas to flush out the system.
I’ll let you know how it goes!